Sunday, September 19, 2010

Falling into Functional Fashion


Such a glorious indian summer has left me with a sense of extended carefreeness...a kind of reprieve from the serious structure of fall then winter's shortened days. Each beautiful blue-sky day belies the impending doom of daylight savings time. Every still-warm cloudless day, I walk about in the comfort and informality of flip-flops only casting my feet into real shoes that beckon from the sale racks at Macy's. Too high. Too narrow. How can I ever squeeze back into the unyielding pressure of business shoes and coordinated outfits.

This time of year has always evoked a sense of trepidation...the back-to-school blues or the back-to-work woes. No longer is it enough to dress for success.

I mean to like to put myself together and go to work, but if the shoe really fits, will I wear it?


No comments:

Post a Comment