Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Death of Spontaneity

Does the blistering accuracy of technology have a hand in killing the joyful surprise of an unannounced phone call? Do we so easily and painlessly ignore that which we either do not know (an unidentified caller), or even worse, the caller we know and wish to avoid?

Is it true that we are all at one time or another both pursuer and pursued? Do we block access to others because we're just not in the mood? I seem to be constantly on both sides of this conundrum. You'd think that because I know how painful it is to be avoided...to have my calls and texts ignored, that I would never take part in such a passive aggressive folly.

I am regularly on the receiving end of having calls/texts checked out and dissed. But it does make me think twice about doing it to someone else. We all deserve the chance to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment